CIRI fulfils the roll of a regional development agency for the Hradec Králové Region. The organization was established with the purpose of creating, coordinating and providing an environment and conditions leading to comprehensive, balanced and sustainable development of the region.
At present, one of the main tasks of CIRI is the preparation of the Hradec Králové Region for the EU programme period 2014+ and creation of conditions for drawing funds from the European Union.
Among the most common tasks of the organization in this field are:
- creating, updating, implementing and monitoring concept documents for the Hradec Králové Region in the field of regional development, research and innovation
- steps towards the development of theInvestment, Development and Innovation Platform of the Hradec Králové Region
- cooperation in the management of Council for Research, Development and Innovation of the Hradec Králové Region and Regional Innovation Fund of the Hradec Králové Region
- cooperation with the research sphere, application sphere and intermediary organizations in the field of regional development, research and innovation
- cooperation with partners (agencies, foundations, chambers of commerce, legal and natural entities, municipalities, cities, regions, educational institutions etc. with the purpose of regional development
- cooperation in other development activities of municipalities and regions of the Hradec Králové Region, implementation of the local Agenda 21, methodological assistance for regional players
- provision of international cooperation in development activities, information exchange with foreign entities, methodological assistance for European regions
- provision of information on the possibilities of funding from regional, national, European and international funds and sources